Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Shroomin'

Family outing last night - Mushrooming! Yes, for those unfamiliar to this wonderful hunt, it is far more exciting than Easter eggs because Morels are harder to find... but not for Micah. He seems to find more than I ever do. We went to an undisclosed location last night and found several yellows in a patch just before dusk. It was Mason's first time in the forest and he loved looking around at all the trees. With this recession, I guess its time to start hunting for our food again... Fried Mushrooms for dinner tonight!

Chalk the Walk - -
I had a hard time getting motivated this year. Maybe it was because I didn't want to part from Mason any more than I have to, or maybe it was because of the weather. I showed up Saturday afternoon (4 hours later than normal) and still didn't quite know what I was doing. I decided on an aerial view landscape that evolved in my head over the weekend as I was working. It turned out to be fun, as it always is, but next year I will definitely need a partner! Its always more fun to work with someone else.

Big Boy update: Mason is now in 6-9 month clothes... yikes! I thought I bought clothes for this summer, but we'll see how far into these warm months they last...

No comments: