Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blah Blah Blah


I realize my last post was quite negative and very out of character - I am feeling much better now, thank you. We have been traveling every weekend for I don't know how long, this weekend we are going back to IL for Grandpa's 90th birthday bash. I am so excited to see all of my cousins and for them to meet Mason. I love hanging out with my family and Mason loves hanging out with his cousin Thomas. We plan on taking the boys swimming since its going to be SO HOT (for you local Galesburg folks, the Lincoln Park wading pool is now chlorinated - this eliminates all of the nasties from what it was like when we were kiddos...) I am not a germiphobe, but that was just gross when we were little.

Mason ate his first rice cereal on Monday and seemed to enjoy it. He took it very seriously and took several breaks to suck his thumb. He wouldn't look at me, he just wanted to follow that spoon wherever it was going. Since he will be 6 months on Friday (!!!) I figured we better get going on solids.

I met with the new art teacher at Lisbon today and it was fun to see his excitement for this school year. I will miss teaching, but am so thankful and excited to be spending time with Mason this fall. If anyone wants to get creative with me or wants some fun art time with their kids let me know, I love that stuff - and Mason isn't quite ready for paint yet....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there's chlorine!! I'm pretty sure I was never allowed to get in the water there!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'll call you today, later, when mr. man is in bed....