Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Wonders

We spent yesterday bundling up with boots and mittens and walking in the snow around the yard (this was before the actual blizzard arrived). Mason loves his new boots and brought them to me this morning with those big blue pleading eyes. Sorry buddy, not today. I am worn out! We snowed, painted, played with play dough, hung Christmas lights, then topped the night off with decorating the tree and a 9:00 walk around the block in the blowing snow. Today I will spend inside. On the couch. I am realizing my limits at 6 months pregnant are a bit narrower with an almost 2-year-old in tow. I can't carry 4 loads of laundry up two flights of stairs and lift a little boy at his leisure (as much as I would love to keep holding him). Micah is being very gracious and reminding me that he is in charge of the laundry, but sometimes you just want your jeans clean at that very moment. I tried to stare really hard at the furniture upstairs hoping it would move itself into the other room, but I have no desire to help Micah lift it. We finished Mason's new bedroom (very exciting!), but now have to move our furniture back in there in order to finish OUR bedroom so then we can work on the baby room... I am still working on a paint color for our room and am at a loss. Inspiration? Anyone?

Here is what has inspired me this last week... maybe this year I will revert back to an actual working journal.

2 comments:

meredith said...

Revere Pewter from Benjamin Moore is my FAVORITE of the colors we put up in our house! It's a neutral, but can look warm or cool, gray or tan, depending on the light and accent colors.

My fave darker shade is from BM too, and it's Granite. and lovely.

Anonymous said...

I've been DYING to paint a room terra cotta (sp?) orange lately. I need to be in a more permanent space before I do it, but I'm so drawn to it for some reason!