Monday, February 18, 2008

Out on the Town


We had our first family outing this weekend - Mason got to experience Menards and Target for the first time. I have to admit, I was nervous to go anywhere with him, but once we left in the truck it felt so good to be out of the house! Micah had A LOT of supplies to get at Menards for work, so Mason and I walked around the store and hung out in the handicapped stall in the restroom - I never thought I would be nursing a baby on a toilet, but where else do you do it? The lawn chairs in the garden department?? I think I would have gotten too many looks from the other patrons - the majority being men on a Saturday afternoon. I now have a new found appreciation for clean public restrooms.
It snowed 5 more inches here yesterday and I'm starting to feel very stuck inside our apartment. If only it were Spring and we could go for a walk around the block without being blown over by the wind and slipping on ice. I could have just not asked for maternity leave at this point since there have been so many snow days at school. Next weekend we venture to the farm to see family, so at least I have something to look forward to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Diane - I am so glad you found my blog so that I could find yours! Congrats on your new arrival! Mason is so cute! Love the little animals you have pictured, too.

Sarah said...

Hey Mama Miller! I'm getting so frustrated with this weather, I want to come and see you! We're thinking of you and praying for you often! Oh, and welcome to the world of breast feeding in public bathrooms....and so much more! :)