- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 8 ounces dried rice noodles
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed dried and chopped ( I used a leafy green, much better)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the brown sugar,soy sauce,sesame oil, vegetable oil,and rice wine vinegar To prepare the rice noodles heat a skillet with a few tablespoons of oil and break off a little bit of the noodles and add them to the skillet and fry them.
- As they begin to puff up remove them from the skillet and drain them on paper towels.
be sure to cook them long enough as the under cooked noodles will be like eating needles.
Once cooked add them to the salad mixture.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce,chicken,green onions,and sesame seeds.
Let chill about 10 minutes and just before serving add the cooked rice noodles.
Serve in salad bowl and offer the salad dressing in a pourable container so your family can add as much dressing as they want.
you can also pour the dressing over the top of the salad, toss and serve immediately.
I didn't have the sesame oil or seeds or green onions. But I used other veggies and it was great. Let me know if you make this and what you think. Its really easy!
Mason note: 101.1 fever today and drool + chewing. I think the chompers are coming.....