Monday, January 31, 2011

Monkey Joe is 3!

I rarely buy anything, let alone furniture for myself. For my art room. But I found this desk with lots of drawers that would be perfect for organizing my gobs and gobs of art supplies that don't get used because they are hidden in random places. No more! Now they are tucked away in drawers and easily accessible for the time I will have to make to USE them. If anything now Mason can use them now too! I even took all of the art storage out of my old dollhouse in there and now the kids can play with the furniture and toys there too. What fun it is to see your child playing with something you have so many memories from your childhood as well. It was certainly a flood of small memories when I unpacked the furniture and little cups and plates and imaginative accents I added to the dollhouse when I was a kid. Its fun to bring those toys out at just the right time when you know your child will appreciate them. Mason had fun rearranging everything and wishing for bunk beds in HIS room just like the ones in the dollhouse. I love coming back later to see how his little imagination has placed things in certain places and seeing how he was thinking. I am excited for year #3 with my little boy!




This little monkey will be 3 tomorrow! My mom and I took Mason and Avery to Monkey Joes in Davenport last week and it was so much fun! I joined him on the bouncy slides and crawling thru the mazes until I realized my belly really shouldn't fit in such small spaces and the baby was not appreciating it. I will definitely be going back again next winter!

Disclaimer: this painting is not done. Just thought I'd share what I've been up to when I get a spare moment out of the kitchen and away from the train table...
The block below IS actually done, and I'm not sure if I'm willing to part with this one or not... It looks pretty good in my dining room :) The colors in the photo are not true to life, it got a little washed out with the flash...

No comments: